Tuesday, September 28, 2010

6 P's

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
I'm learning that in the retail world (which I'm about to enter) there's a whole lot of emphasis on PROFIT (which is apparently preferable to bankruptcy...)  All this fancy PRO FORMA talk.  My business plan looks awesome - the perfect font, great pictures, a map of the competition, and even a tiny little quilt for the cover - but no! some people look right past all that and want numbers.  AND projected numbers.  (Boring...)  I'll just tell you - here's my plan for increasing sales volume in the calendar year 2011:  a) Buy more fabric  b) Make more quilts and more friends  c) Give a See's chocolate marshmallow candy with every purchase. You know it will work.
Erin, thank you for being my first official follower.  I'm sending you a box of See's.

No comments:

Post a Comment